Gritman Medical Center
The Gritman Way
Standards of Excellence
The Gritman Way
is the shared behavior of our dedicated employees, medical staff, board members, and volunteers to provide Excellence. We are committed to making Gritman the best place for patients to receive care, the best place for physicians to practice medicine, and the best place for employees to work.
We live by our Standards of Excellence
- Compassion, Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration and Accountability.
We are compassionate and care for others.
- I welcome everyone promptly in an appropriate manner, smile, and introduce myself.
- I strive to be empathetic and help alleviate any fear, confusion, pain or discomfort.
- I offer a 'blameless apology' and a simple factual explanation for issues or inconveniences, while striving to resolve any remaining challenges.
- I follow through on all promises in an agreed upon time frame.
- I protect everyone's right to privacy and modesty.
- I engage in appropriate conversation.
We treat every person with respect.
- I treat others with warmth, courtesy and respect. Rudeness and intimidation are never acceptable.
- I treat every co-worker as a professional, recognizing that each individualâ€™s expertise, though different from my own, contributes to our overall success.
- I value the time and priorities of others.
- I listen carefully and do not interrupt, being mindful of both verbal and non-verbal messages.
- I respect my co-workers' privacy, am discreet in what I say, and discourage gossip.
- I accept my role in the lives of others with humility.
- I focus on our patients, physicians, co-workers, and others, assisting them to the best of my ability.
- I introduce myself by name and title, explaining what I will do for the patient.
- I smile, remembering that a smile is contagious.
- I am hospitable and look for opportunities to assist those who look lost or may need assistance.
We promote integrity by setting an example through our behavior.
- I am approachable, honest, and appropriate in all communications and work interactions.
- I take personal ownership of situations brought to my attention, striving for positive outcomes.
- I share my ideas and concerns in a respectful, professional manner.
- I discuss issues directly and only with the appropriate persons.
- I keep personal issues separate from employment issues.
- I keep my work area clean and organized, return all equipment to its appropriate place, and pick up and dispose of litter appropriately.
- I report to work on time, prepared to work.
- I adhere to moral and ethical principles.
We provide service excellence.
- I protect the confidentiality of our patients and the Gritman organization, never discussing sensitive information in public.
- I communicate with courtesy, clarity, and care, avoiding the confusing use of acronyms and jargon.
- I demonstrate the highest commitment to making things better for my department and organization as a whole.
- I offer potential solutions when identifying problems.
- I show interest in my job by completing my tasks in an efficient, timely manner.
- I look for opportunities to offer assistance.
We collaborate with others to support the goals of the organization.
- I work in partnership with my co-workers and our organization.
- I promote and support Gritman.
- I promote teamwork and inter-departmental cooperation.
- I respectfully address problems and attempt to resolve conflicts directly with my co-workers, seeking assistance from my supervisor as appropriate.
- I never intentionally criticize or embarrass a co-worker in the presence of others.
- I look beyond my assigned tasks to assist others on the Gritman team in any way I can.
- I use humor and laughter appropriately, and never at anotherâ€™s expense or discomfort.
We take responsibility for our actions.
- I am an owner, supporting "The Gritman Way".
- I take personal responsibility for achieving the organization's performance goals.
- I am accountable and responsible for my behavior and actions.
- I hold others accountable in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- I continue to increase my knowledge and skills through continuing education, in-services, and other applicable means.
- I adhere to Gritman policies, procedures, and work practices.
- I am a team player and assist my coworkers without them having to ask, especially if they are a new member of our team.
- I don't blame others or offer excuses when results are not achieved.
- I set an example through my own behavior and by maintaining high standards of excellence.
- I dress in a professional manner.
- I make efficient use of company resources, I am not frivolous or excessive.